Fingerprinting @ the Library
Fingerprint sevices are offered through a vendor contracted with the state of Missouri for those who need an FBI nationwide background check for employment or other reasons. The library only acts as the collection site for fingerprinting, and does not have any access to background check information nor do we have fingerprint sets stored or accessible in any way.
- Fingerprint services are in the upstairs Administrative Office ONLY at 1912 N. Belt Hwy. from 10:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. Mondays through Fridays. We are closed on major holidays.
- Please do not call us with questions or to make appointments. We do not have access to the appointment system.
- All fingerprint customers must register through the Missouri Highway Patrol web site at
- You will need the 4-digit code of the agency or employer that is requesting the prints in order to register. Your employer or agency may register for you, and you should keep all the emails sent to you. These have codes that help us locate you in the system or to pay the fee.
- You need to complete the entire registration process, go past the STOP sign image to where you type in a zip code to find a location near you.
- You can choose walk-in but we prefer you make an appointment. Walk-ins may have long waits until all scheduled appointments are taken care of.
- We do not know when your background check will be completed, but on average it is 2-3 business days.
You must bring a picture ID, like a driver's license or passport, AND an authorization code, credit card, or check for payment. We cannot accept cash for any transaction. Most fingerprint services range between $20 and $45. Some fingerprints are no charge and some are prepaid by the agency, which is why you must bring the code with you. You will get a receipt to submit if your agency is offering reimbursement for fingerprinting.
- Please drink water beforehand and make sure your hands are well washed and hydrated. All prints are done on a digital scanner and it does not work well with dry skin.
- We do not do "hard cards" or TSA PreCheck, Hazmat, or TWIC fingerprinting services. You need to use the Location part of registration to find the closest center that performs these services.
- If you have any questions, you can contact the IndentoGO customer service at (844) 321-2124.
IF YOU NEED A HARD CARD OR PHYSICAL SETS OF PRINTS ON PAPER, the closest places are listed below:
Doniphan County Sheriff’s Department, 219 S. Main, Troy KS 785-985-3711 does hard copy finger printing with ink. There is no fee. You do need an appointment. Must bring your own print card.
Atchison, Kansas Police Department, 515 Kansas Ave, Atchison, KS 913-367-4323, does hard copy finger printing with ink. There is no fee. You not need an appointment. Must bring your own print card.